On Friday(the 19th), I finished my last day of school until Jan. 5!
Then we had the Hill family party. It had a Dr. Seuss's How the Grinch Stole Christmas theme. We had "roast beast", "who hash" and "who pudding". We had a treasure hunt with clues from the book. We made jing-tinglers, which are anklets/bracelets made out of jingle bells. We also did a white elephant gift exchange. We read a story about a family called the Right family. Some of them were left out at the party. While listening to this story, we all passed our presents either right or left when he heard those words in the story. I got some yummy Queen Ann Chocolates. I loved spending time with my family. I love them all so much!
Lindsay and I had to leave the party slightly early though, and went to our YW Christmas Sleepover. It was so much fun! I beat some serious trash playing Wii Boxing. We also had a white elephant exchange. We each drew a number and in the order of the numbers we got, we either stole a present from someone else, or opened a new one from the middle. I got some really comfy socks. It was funny because there were two items that everyone wanted and the last round was very hectic. Everyone was fighting over an adorable stuffed duck and a DVD. After that we had a fashion show for the leaders. We all wore old, silly clothes. I was a gangster ninja monster. After that we did each other's hair and makeup. After that we listened to the story, The Christmas Orange. It was so cute. We got an orange and a copy of the story as a Christmas present from the leaders. Everyone started falling asleep then. Everyone, that is, except Miranda, Lindsay, Tacie, and me. We had a contest to see who could stay up the latest. I won. :)
Lindsay and I had to leave the party slightly early though, and went to our YW Christmas Sleepover. It was so much fun! I beat some serious trash playing Wii Boxing. We also had a white elephant exchange. We each drew a number and in the order of the numbers we got, we either stole a present from someone else, or opened a new one from the middle. I got some really comfy socks. It was funny because there were two items that everyone wanted and the last round was very hectic. Everyone was fighting over an adorable stuffed duck and a DVD. After that we had a fashion show for the leaders. We all wore old, silly clothes. I was a gangster ninja monster. After that we did each other's hair and makeup. After that we listened to the story, The Christmas Orange. It was so cute. We got an orange and a copy of the story as a Christmas present from the leaders. Everyone started falling asleep then. Everyone, that is, except Miranda, Lindsay, Tacie, and me. We had a contest to see who could stay up the latest. I won. :)
Dec. 20th marked the end of the sleepover. Lindsay and I went with our family to the Bitner Christmas Brunch. This year we had it at Golden Corral, which is a delicious buffet. It was so yummy! I loved spending time with this side of my family!
After that we rushed home and changed into our matching red and black clothes. We got a family picture done at Valley Fair Mall. It took forever, but we were finally able to get home.
Then I quickly got ready for the region dance. I invited Maisha, Lindy, and Katey to the Kearns Region. It was pretty fun. The only guy I danced with though was in 8th grade. Talk about awkward! But it was ok, he was cool. I was really sad because OSG wasn't there, and QM seemed to be avoiding me like the plauge. I still had fun though.
Dec. 21st was a Sunday and we had a Christmas lesson with the Relief Society. It was very spiritual. After church, we had our Christmas dinner. This year is was homemade chimichangas. They were so yummy!!!
And, that's it. Can't wait until Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment