Thursday, July 31, 2008

Swimming Party!

Hey everyone! Well, last night our ward had a swimming party from 8-10 pm and boy was it fun! We had the pool all to ourselves and it was way cool to hang with the youth and everyone else from the ward.
The water was FREEZING! I thought I'd die of hypothermia! The only coherent thought going through my head over and over at the time was, "Its so cold! Its so cold! Its so cold!" But it was okay after a while, and I started having fun.
I indulged in a game of tag with some of the...*cough* younger boys and Maisha and Lindsay. It was okay, I just got bored of it after Spencer chased Lindsay to the other side of the pool and we had to sit and wait for them.
Then I got to talk to Maisha about how her dance camp went. She said it was okay and that she couldn't wait to hang out with all of us after being with her school's dance company for the last three days. I told her I couldn't wait to hang out with her too. I've been too long without my best friend.
I also had some fun with the older boys too. I got in a water fight with Brandon Stewart(he's like 30 something, but oh well). I was doing pretty good until he dunked me. What a jerk! LOL! AJ Clayton also dunked me later, but I was prepared for that one and got to plug my nose.
What they didn't know is that I have a fear of the water. Well, I guess not the water, per say, but the fact that I can drown in it. I almost drowned when I was seven and I don't want to repeat the experience.
I also realized something else last night. It wasn't until my mom brought it up until after the party. I don't really want to talk about it, but lets say my perspective on some things have changed. I know kinda what I want now, and I know that in time I may have it, and I may not. But that's all good.
Ok, maybe I'll give you a hint. It has to do with a boy!

No comments: