Friday, November 14, 2008

Mystery Musician

Today I am not going to catch you up on my life or complain. I'm going to share with you a poem I wrote yesterday. My inspiration was a boy that goes to my school. I don't know him, and though the poem is fictional I feel like a piece of me resides in it. So, here it is...

Mystery Musician
Mystery Musician,
I noticed you today
Standing across the street
Waiting for the bus
with headphones full blast
guitar case at your feet
Who are you Mystery Musician?
You look familiar, yet I don't know you

Mystery Musician,
I see you everyday
always with headphones full blast
guitar case at your feet
I've found you're my age
I never doubted that with your youthful
Black, sparkle eyes

Mystery Musician,
I saw you in class today!
You sat behind me
You didn't have your
headphones full blast
or guitar case at your feet
You doodled in your notebook
And I smiled at you

Mystery Musician,
I can't even tell you I love you
Secretly, quietly, I watch
I love your blonde hair
with headhones full blast
guitar case at you feet
I try to smile at you everyday
You seem to look right through me

Mystery Musician,
You weren't there today
Your seat stayed empty, the stop vacant
There wasn't anyone
no headphones full blast
or guitar case at your feet
My bus gets there and I board
Questions buzzing in my head

Mystery Musician,
You haven't come back
My days have been hallow
I miss seeing you
with your headphones full blast
guitar case at your feet
Your onyx eyes don't burn me anymore
And I woner where you've gone

No comments: