Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Gardening :)

HEY HEY HEY! (I noticed that I start a lot of posts with "Hey everyone!" so I'm trying to change that) Last night for our Family Home Evening activity, we went to my Grandma and Grandpa Hill's home and helped them in their garden. We had lots of fun and I was surprised by how much it had grown since we had helped in it last.

Dad showing the kids how the squash is doing
Christian, following in his father's helpful footsteps
Gabby, talking to Grandpa on high
Christian, Dad, and Mom listening to Grandpa
Dad going to get tools while Grandpa looking over his potatoes
Dad, Grandpa, and Grandma working in the tomatoes
Whoa Gabby! That corn is taller than you!
Lindsay taking on the formidable job of weeding the carrots
Gabby and Sarah, joining together for a "Rain Dance" duet

Sarah, trying to escape


Aren't you a little close to the camera, Sarah?

Gabby getting to work

Mommy posing with her precious Sarah

Grandma cleaning our carrots after the work is done

Mom helping clean carrots

We had lots of fun weeding and harvesting what was ready to harvest. Afterwards, we went inside and enjoyed brownies and fruit while we listened to Grandpa's stories about his art. He told us about when he was in college, his bird Charlie, and a lot of other stories. It was a lot of fun! :)

No comments: